[hdt] HDT 0.3.2-pre1

Erwan Velu erwan.velu at free.fr
Mon Apr 27 14:05:01 PDT 2009

HDT 0.3.2 is close to be release and will mainly add a better disk
management

To validate this great work from pierre, we did a -pre1 version to have
some users inputs about it.
My previous work on disks was a little bit limited and incomplete.
Since pierre did a massive rework that allow hdt to feature disks &
partitions detection.

On the menu side, the "Disk" menu is now extended to show disks' partitions.
On the cli side, we now have more commands :

hdt> show disk
This command will show a basic output of available disks.

hdt> disk
This command enable the disk mode

disk> show disks
This command list all available disks

disk> show disk 0x80
Display the maximum information of disk 0x80
This output includes disk' partitions.

0.3.2 is also featuring the modules.alias compatibility. This item was
requested by gilles on that list, this is now implemented.
By default, hdt tries to open both modules.pcimap & modules.alias to
find the associated kernel modules.
To override the default values, users can use the
modules_pcimap=<filename> and modules_alias=<filename> boot options.

Some minor visual improvements/bug fixes were also done regarding the
VPD & PCI display.

Hope you'll like it,
0.3.2-pre1 is available at :
http://konilope.linuxeries.org/hdt/hdt_0_3_2_pre1.c32