[hdt] HDT-0.3.5-pre3 is out

Erwan Velu erwan at seanodes.com
Wed Nov 4 13:21:21 PST 2009

The -pre3 release is out and tends to be the last one before the release.

This pre version adds two new features we thought it would be
interesting to have in 0.3.5:

- Reboot
If your system features the reboot.c32 module, the "reboot" command will
restart your computer.
The floppy/iso images we provides includes this module to enable this
feature.

- Automatic Commands
When starting HDT, you can specifiy a new auto='<cmd1;cmd2,cmd3>' option.
This option will automaticaly runs commands cmd1;cmd2;cmd3 in this order
and then fallback to the CLI.
It can be used to run automatic diagnostic when booting HDT.

auto='show summary'
This example will show the summary and the enter the CLI.

auto='show summary; exit'
This example will show the summary and the return to syslinux.

auto='show pci; show dmi; show syslinux; reboot'
This example will show the pci / dmi /syslinux output before rebooting

Be careful about the syntax, it should be :

Hope you'll enjoy this new features.

I expect the 0.3.5 to be out by the end of the week if no major bug got
found.

This release could be found on the website :
http://hdt-project.org/raw-attachment/wiki/WikiStart/hdt_0_3_5_pre3.c32
http://hdt-project.org/raw-attachment/wiki/WikiStart/hdt-0.3.5-pre3.img
http://hdt-project.org/raw-attachment/wiki/WikiStart/hdt-0.3.5-pre3.iso
http://hdt-project.org/raw-attachment/wiki/WikiStart/hdt-0.3.5-pre3.img.gz

Note that the website isn't really up to date. I'm still working on it
and expect it to be up-to-date by the 0.3.5 release.
It still lacks of accurate/recent documentation.

Cheers,
Erwan