[hdt] HDT 0.3.6-pre1 is out !

Erwan Velu erwan.velu at free.fr
Fri Nov 20 14:13:16 PST 2009

The 0.3.6 release will be mostly bug fix oriented.

Before releasing, I'd love having more feedback on it. So here come the
-pre1 release.

I would like to thank the following people for making this new release
possible :
Pierre for his patches,
Gert for his tests,
Alexander Andino for his great artwork,
Ralf Carl for his very reactive debugging on older hardware,

Changelog for -pre1
 * Gzipped files are now supported (pci.ids/modules.pcimap/modules.alias)
 * Floppies & ISO includes gzipped content to reduce the size
Generated floppy is now 1.44MB instead of 2.88MB

 * Fixing memory detection on older systems (DMI type 6 can workaround
type 17)
 * Fixing processor detection on older systems (If CPU's detection
fails, let's use the DMI information instead)
 * Fixing typos in MBRs' names
 * Adding Grub2 subversion detection
 * Disabling serial output by default to increasing rendering speed
 * Removing dead code
 * Fixing CLI's memory corruption
 * Fixing double line in the menu mode
 * Adding HDT's background for the vesa mode
 * Adding vesa mode for the CLI
When using the "vesa" keyword, the CLI can use the VESA mode.
By default, it search a "backgnd.png" image to fill the background.
The "art/backgnd.png" file can be used for that purpose.
All binary images (floppy/iso) features this files & config.
This feature is disabled by default. We need more tests & feedback
before enabling it by default.
Please test it & report if it works for you.

A screenshot of this feature can be found here :
http://www.hdt-project.org/attachment/wiki/hdt-0.3.6/hdt-vesa.png

This release can be download on the hdt 0.3.6 home page
(http://www.hdt-project.org/attachment/wiki/hdt-0.3.6/) or using this links:
http://www.hdt-project.org/raw-attachment/wiki/hdt-0.3.6/hdt_0_3_6_pre1.c32
http://www.hdt-project.org/raw-attachment/wiki/hdt-0.3.6/hdt-0.3.6-pre1.iso
http://www.hdt-project.org/raw-attachment/wiki/hdt-0.3.6/hdt-0.3.6-pre1.img