[hdt] [syslinux] [HDT] New release 0.5.0-beta3

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Apr 18 02:01:41 PDT 2011

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011, Erwan Velu wrote:

> HDT is currently ending its beta cycle before achieving the 0.5.0 release.
> This is a pretty big step for HDT as it features a highly requested feature
> aka Dumping.
>
> The major feature of this release allow users to export the result of the
> detection to a TFTP server.
>
> All the details and the links to download it can be found here :
> http://www.hdt-project.org/wiki/Dump
>
> I didn't got any feedback on beta2, that's my last call before release that
> will occurs by the end of this week.

It would be nice to have this included in syslinux 4.04 !

That said, I have been testing this on several machines and have not
identified any real problems yet.

There is one issue that has been repeated in the past related to
refreshing of windows. I think if the background when clearing an area
would be blue and not black, it would be less noticable.

Also, if you go to eg. BIOS and then press TAB, it refreshes the screen,
showing the BIOS window, but the main menu disappeared. Not a major
problem.

It would also be nice if exiting HDT would go back to the state of
syslinux as it was, eg. if you started HDT from the menu, go back to the
menu. I don't know if that is feasible though (maybe just reloading the
config). Maybe syslinux needs a hook for this ?

Thanks Erwan, looks very good !