[hdt] [syslinux] [HDT] New release 0.5.0-beta3

Erwan Velu erwanaliasr1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:51:44 PDT 2011

On 19/04/2011 13:01, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> Question. The syslinux 4.04 released has the 0.5 beta3 and I had
> been trying it with my g4l latest alphas. I had no problems with it.
>
> I don't use any PXE, but wanted to see what the dump does, so I
> install tftp on a machine 192.168.7.220.  I ran hdt with the tftp_ip
> set to the address, and did the dump command, and it says it is
> sending 5561 bytes, but can not find any file on the machine.
> Even running wireshark on the server didn't show anything.
>
> It may be something in the tftp setup, or it might be that a file has
> to exist for tftp to upload? No error appears on the hdt, but I don't
> think tftp has that..

Dear Michael,

Two points here.

First, as explained in http://www.hdt-project.org/wiki/Dump#UsingTFTP ,
Dump mode is currently only working with PXE.

Second point, you shouldn't have reach this step of exporting as you are
not having a PXE stack loaded. So I'll fix that for beta 4.

Thanks for your report, hope you enjoyed HDT anyway ;o)

Cheers,
Erwan