[hdt] New release 0.5.0-beta5 (last call before release)

Erwan Velu erwanaliasr1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 11:48:43 PDT 2011

On 22/04/2011 10:58, yvan munoz wrote:
> Hello HDT team,
>
> Q : Is possible to consider the possibilty to move the filename dump
> By default files are in<tftp-path>/hdt/ so no risk with
> <tftp-path>/pxelinux.cfg/ files
> By default (i hope :p), every mac are verified, scrutinized, before
> plug on park with pxe, because some vendors give same mac at different
> machines. Here too, no problem.
>
> ->  The benefit for system administrator is : could create automaticly
> files with dhcp information at each requests, without any informations
> needs than mac...

[...]

Dear yvan,

I do understand perfectly the request but I need to imagine what would
be a feature that match the most of users.

So what's are the most popular items and how to manage them from the
cmdline ?

I suggest the following : using some "%" symbols to define items.

We could have the following list :

%m = mac-address
%p =  product name from the dmi
%v = vendor name from the dmi

and so on.

The current scheme would be represented by
dump_filename="%m+%v+%p"

Would it be an acceptable option for you ?
Does anyone on the list see some more items to add ?

PS: Feel free to join the irc channel for talking about it too ;o)

Erwan,