[hdt] New release 0.5.0-beta5 (last call before release)

Erwan Velu erwanaliasr1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 00:52:51 PDT 2011

Ivan said:

> Actually HDT dont create file : need empty file with the
> mac-product-vendor as title.
> If yes, system administrator need this information to prepare tftp
> server (whatever its use)
>
> If the file title will be only the mac, then it is simpliest way to
> have full automatic process, without any prior information.
> What is not possible with the needs of %p-%v information before.

 You assume that having a filename with only the mac address is enough/good
for everyone.
Let's consider someone that have to dump 1000 hosts, it might need some
other items in the filename than the mac address.

So I'm trying to figure out what could be a solution that match everyone.
Only the mac might/could/may/must be the default value but in such case, we
have to keep an option to select more option to setup the filename.
That was my proposition, allowing people to define how does the filename
must be composed of.

Erwan