[klibc] klibc integration status

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Tue Jun 10 05:37:34 PDT 2003

Hi, Greg -

I have a 2.5.70 BK repository, with klibc integrated, at:

    bk://klibc.bkbits.net/2.5-klibc

This repo has the following features:

      * Completely up-to-date w.r.t. klibc itself.
      * Kbuild sort of happy, but still needs an eyeball from Kai to
        figure out why it always rebuilds everything in usr/.
      * Supports both IP autoconfig and NFS root from initramfs.
      * Removed support for the above from the kernel.
      * Early support in place for moving all of init/do_mounts* to
        early userspace.

I think this is ready for some serious testing, even with the slightly
brain-dead build problem.  Please take a look over it, and if it seems
sane, I'll have a chat with Andrew and see if he's still willing to pop
a diff into his -mm series before you push everything to Linus.

	<b