[klibc] Re: klibc and 2.6
bos at serpentine.com
Thu May 22 23:58:05 PDT 2003
Hi, Greg -
The latest set of klibc work is all accessible from
Here's a brief description of each part. The patches are as independent
as possible, and are in BitKeeper format.
* ipconfig-2.5.69.patch removes ipconfig from the kernel, and
prevents CONFIG_ROOT_NFS from working.
* nfsroot-2.5.69.patch removes nfsroot from the kernel.
* initramfs-2.5.69.patch (requires the nfsroot patch) stops
do_mounts from doing anything if the kernel is passed
root=/dev/nfs or root=initramfs. This is a stopgap until the
rest of the junk in init/do_mounts gets moved to userspace.
* klibc-2003-05-22.tar.bz2 is the latest CVS snapshot of the klibc
* kinit-2003-05-22.bin is a kinit executable, which you can drop
into usr after applying the initramfs patch above, rebuild the
kernel, reboot with root=/dev/nfs, and boot over NFS.
I'll send along the kernel patches as individual attachments.
More information about the klibc