[klibc] initramfs gunzip problems.

Martin Hicks mort at wildopensource.com
Fri Nov 14 12:38:30 PST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 11:57, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 07:57, Martin Hicks wrote:
>
> > The same .cpio archive works if I don't gzip it.
>
> How are you doing the build?  If you're building the cpio archive into
> the kernel using the usual kbuild mechanism, you shouldn't need to gzip
> it, because kbuild will do this for you.

I'm building the archive by hand and then specify it on the command line
with initrd=

cd rootfs
find . | cpio -H newcrc -o > ../initramfs.cpio
cd ..
gzip -9 initramfs.cpio

> Have you modified your kernel build in any way?

No.  It's a post 2.6.0-test9 checkout of the ia64 bk kernel tree.

mh

--
Martin Hicks                Wild Open Source Inc.
mort at wildopensource.com     613-266-2296