[klibc] suspend to disk & early userspace

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.de
Sat Nov 22 00:55:43 PST 2003

Hey,

Sorry for dropping in like this, couldn't find any information on this
and I guess I'm too lazy to read all the relevant bits and pieces of the
kernel sources to find out:
I'm currently running encrypted root and swap, but would still like to
use suspend to disk.
Would early userspace be capable of inserting the crypto-loop module
into the kernel, load the keys off my "secure device" and setup loops,
all _before_ resume from disk takes place?

Or lets rephrase: is early userspace executed or not when resuming from
suspend to disk?

Regards,
johannes
--