[klibc] libsysfs and klibc

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Mon Apr 12 16:53:40 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:26:33PM -0700, Jon Smirl wrote:
> Some of the libsysfs changes are ifdef KLIBC. That would mean compiling two
> different versions of libsysfs. Wouldn't it be better to fix via klibc or
> rewriting the problem code in libsysfs?

As you can't link a version of libsysfs that was built with klibc
against a program that was built with glibc, I don't see the problem
here.

> I have the udev version of libsysfs in the DRI project but I am getting grief
> about having a copy of a library in CVS and they want me to remove it.

Tell them you have to link statically, which is what I think you need to
do, correct?  Also, you don't want to rely on libsysfs not changing in
the future, which odds are it will.  That's why udev includes a copy, it
removes that big headache of users getting mismatched versions as the
libsysfs authors haven't really incorporated any good versioning into
their library yet.

thanks,

greg k-h