[klibc] problems with ipconfig command (static config without interface configures "lo")

Dirk von Suchodoletz dirk at goe.net
Tue Aug 31 21:42:46 PDT 2004

> static unsigned int default_caps = CAP_DHCP | CAP_BOOTP | CAP_RARP;
>

> this should be enough to get the interface up:
> ip=<client-ip>:<server-ip>:<gw-ip>:<netmask>
>
> not 'ip=<client-ip>:<server-ip>:<gw-ip>:<netmask>:::none' like it is
> now. Even 'ip=<client-ip>' should be enough, but parse_device() would

That would made sense to use just 'ip=<client-ip>' because the ipconfig
tries to make sense of the IP and set netmask and broadcast accordingly
... (I saw that in earlier versions that for an IP 132.230.4.123 the tool
used class B netmask even provided with a class C via dhcp - bug fixed
versions ago ... But this mechanism makes sense for the problem stated
above ...)

Ciao,
	Dirk