[klibc] Newbie Question

Dave Dodge dododge at dododge.net
Sat Dec 25 23:41:22 PST 2004

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 03:09:31PM -0800, steve wrote:
> it would be nice to be able to specify both on the command line, or
> to chain from the initramfs to a initrd image.

I _think_ the code that unpacks initramfs archives can handle
concatenated cpio files, but you'll have to try it to be sure.  You'd
still have to concatenate them into a single file ahead of time but
it'd be easier than creating a new initrd filesystem image.

> Can I do this just by adding something like MY_INITRD= foo on the boot
> line, then mounting the initrd on a ramdisk from inside the initramfs
> and handing off to the initrd when I'm done ?

That sounds like it might work, perhaps depending on exactly where in
the boot process you intend to do this.  Obviously if you want to do
it prior to the disk/bus/filesystem drivers being loaded, it could be
a problem :-)

                                                  -Dave Dodge