[klibc] makedev()

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sun Feb 8 22:22:43 PST 2004

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Jon Smirl wrote:
>
>> We should add the makedev() macro too. Udev and I both need it.
>>

> Anyone happens to know what the "correct" header file for this is?

Found it... it's apparently supposed to be in <sys/sysmacros.h> which is
included in <sys/types.h>.

I have released klibc-0.105 which includes these (as inline functions
rather than macros, and 32-bit-dev_t compliant) as well as the wait and
access macros, and the integer type cleanup.

This is actually a semi-useful step towards getting off_t 64-bitized,
which is going to be a somewhat large project.