[klibc] ARM/Thumb updates and some other minor tweaks

Andre armcc2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 19:04:54 PST 2004

"H. Peter Anvin" wrote:
> Greg KH wrote:
> >
> > > +//typedef __kernel_timer_t	timer_t;
> >
> > What about userspace programs, using klibc that need access to
> > timer_t ? struct timespec needs this, right?
> >

> Also, building klibc on 2.4 is iffy at best, especially on a
> version which is several versions downrev.

Unfortunately, for the moment, 2.4.21-rmk2 is the bleeding edge for
2.4 ARM Linux :-(

In any case, isn't the 'proper' fix to copy sanitised versions of all
definitions required by userspace into the libc headers ?? I thought
including linux/include/ in anything other than a kernel build was
severely frowned upon ?? (Just curious, not wanting to start a major
flame war or anything...)

Andre