[klibc] klibc linked tools developpement env

christophe.varoqui at free.fr christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Mon Jul 19 11:34:14 PDT 2004

Hello,

I maintain the multipath tools, some of which are intended to be packed into
early userspace. I had to drop a klibc tree into the tools archive for that,
like GregKH does for udev. I don't like it, because tarballs are bigger than
they should be and it brings more maintenance.

Recently, scsi_id became a required multipath dependency. scsi_id is currently
build with glibc and I need a klibc built binary. Patrick Mansfield would prefer
I do not drop a scsi_id tree into the tools archive.

I would like to receive advice on how to solve this "klibc build environment"
issue. Does current or future LSB mandates where klibc could fit into a Linux FS
tree, or is kernel tarball integration still the plan ? Have distribution
packagers already shown interest in this issue ?

regards,
cvaroqui