[klibc] klibc linked tools developpement env

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Jul 21 13:40:14 PDT 2004

sam at ravnborg.org wrote:

> So integrating klibc with the kernel is no longer considered?
> It's on my TODO list to polish the kbuild integration so
> if this is not needed I will delete that item.

It is, however, there has been plenty of requests to make it available
to compile standalone programs, which makes sense, too.  This is to some
degree independent of distributing it with the kernel, and I still
believe putting it into the kernel tree is the only way we are ever
going to be able to remove functionality from the kernel code.

So in my opinion integrating with kbuild is still very relevant.