[klibc] Re: klibc integrated with the 2.5.8-rc2 kernel

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 09:02:57 PDT 2004

Where will the master copy be kept in the long run, the kernel tree or
a standalone tree? Another tactic would be to make the standalone tree
directory structure match the one in the kernel tree. If the kernel
tree is the long run target there has to be some scheme for generating
diffs that match the tree.

If you don't like the free bk license send Bitmover an email and they
may give you a free copy of the commercial version. The commercial
license doesn't have the restriction about working on another version
control system.

--- "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:

> Jon Smirl wrote:
> > If you host at bkbits.net (it's free) Bitmover will set up a bk to
> cvs
> > bridge for you. The CVS access is read only. So you would make
> changes
> > against the CVS and then send diffs to the bk commiter. When the bk
> > person commits changes will appear in both trees. This is how the
> > kernel developers do it.
> >

> I have a CVS tree that is keeping the master copy of klibc.  Since I
> expect standalone klibc to continue to exist, it need to remain
> master
> and authoritative.
>
> The above model doesn't work for that.
>
> 	-hpa