[klibc] Register parameters are unsafe with gcc 3.3.2

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sat Jun 5 13:44:17 PDT 2004

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> Other shell redirections don't work either. When I comment out the
> following line in klibc/klibc/arch/i386/MCONFIG:
>
> # REGPARM_OPT := -mregparm=3 -DREGPARM
>
> and rebuild klibc, everything works. Please take some action against
> this error, e.g. update the README file.

It's not a gcc problem, it seems to be a bug in the klibc open()
function.  open() is a problematic function since it's technically
defined as being varadic, and with regparm varadic and non-varadic
functions have calling conventions.

Thus, it's either a klibc or an ash problem, so it's in my court.  I'll
take care of it.

	-hpa