[klibc] Register parameters are unsafe with gcc 3.3.2

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sat Jun 5 20:43:06 PDT 2004

Olaf Hering wrote:
>  On Sat, Jun 05, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>
>>Anyone would be brave enough to convert ash to prototype format?  That
>>way we could use standard gcc warnings to warn for missing prototypes.
>
> Can upgrade ash to a sane level?
> We use the netbsd ash, works much better on all archs.

Absolutely.  I have my hands full at the moment with trying to change
the way system calls are handled (necessary to change off_t to be a
64-bit type; also happens to take care of uid_t and gid_t being 32
bits), but if you'd be willing to make a patch I would love it.

Otherwise I'll put it on my list of Things To Do[TM].