[klibc] run-init warning

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed Jun 9 13:19:41 PDT 2004

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> The goal with the statfs() call was to verify that we're not on a
> persistent filesystem; I think I'd prefer it to be there.
>
> It looks like the only changes you made were the chdir() and removing
> the statfs(), right?

Also fixed an off-by-one argv bug in starting /sbin/init, but that is
also fixed in klibc-0.130.

> From your previous post I suspect that statfs() is
> simply broken in klibc (not really surprising since I just made big
> changes to it last night.)  I'll see if I can make it cleaner.

You are right. run-init from klibc-0.130 does not work with klibc-0.130
(even without register parameters), but works when I recompile it
against uclibc. It also works when compiled against klibc-0.116 without
register parameters. In uclibc and klibc-0.116 cases, I had to add
TMPFS_MAGIC and RAMFS_MAGIC definitions to the run-init.c file.

Hope this helps.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov