[klibc] klibc-0.130: s390, run-init

Olaf Hering olh at suse.de
Wed Jun 9 09:59:49 PDT 2004

 On Tue, Jun 08, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Olaf Hering wrote:
> >>
> >>Your code doesn't clear out the initramfs at all (well, it does in the
> >>script, but it leaves a bunch of stuff in place); other than that, it
> >>does very little more: it does a bunch of safety checks to make sure it
> >>doesn't wipe a reap filesysttem, and it does the console redirection
> >>mainly so that all fds get opened O_RDWR.
> >
> >Hmm, that would be a real bug. Where do I leave files in initramfs?
> >

> On second look, it's just /dev and /run_init, but those things *are* left.

/dev is a tmpfs bind mount, maybe that /dev can be moved to /root/dev
somehow with mount -move, but I havent tried that yet.

> I did notice your code uses MS_MOVE instead of MS_BIND, though, which
> seems to be the right thing.

Yeah, suggestion from Al.

> Anyway, I think packaging things up a little nicer is not a bad thing.
> My run-init program pretty much takes care of everything past line 320
> in your shell script.  (By the way, why not include the mem devices in
> the initramfs cpio ball?)

My goal is to let a normal user build the cpio archive. And run_init is
supposed to unlink itself.

--
USB is for mice, FireWire is for men!

sUse lINUX ag, nÜRNBERG