[klibc] New to this list, and a first question

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Nov 2 13:01:35 PST 2004

Harald Dunkel wrote:

> But it should be. Unix is about simple solutions
> for complex problems. If there is no simple solution,
> then make it modular.
>
> If I have got the initramfs stuff right, then the
> install targets helps you to copy some necessary
> files into the image directory, which will be
> converted into a cpio file later. From my point
> of view klibc is just a set of modules. Surely
> some other modules are missing.

Oh, I see what you're going for.  This hopefully will be taken care of by
integrating klibc into the kernel build tree, I hope.

People have asked for a way to build with klibc outside the klibc tree.  This
is much more complex, because klibc uses Makefiles to get all the right
compiler options.  See some of the archives for more info.