[klibc] kbuild & klibc - heads up

Sam Ravnborg sam at ravnborg.org
Mon Aug 1 14:35:17 PDT 2005

Just a short heads up.

With the latest patches posted I beleive that all of klibc is now
buildable in kernel context.

The full repository is available at
rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sam/klibc-kbuild.git

To copy the source to a kernel use:
sh cp-to-kernel path/to/kernel

Then to build klibc simply type 'make'.

For now klibc and executables are build unconditionally - something I
beleive we may decide different. But here I need some input what you
want.

The major TODO items:
- fix make clean so we clean out klibc user program files too.
- kbuildtify syslinux - or do we really want that?
- kbuildtify klibc, ripping out what is no longer needed from the old
  Make system

The last items is starting to look like a rather trivial task now that
all the relevant parts has a working Kbuild file.
Only 'issue' is that directory structure has to change a bit. ipconfig +
nfsmount has to move under kinit.

hpa & others - what do you see as needed before potential -mm inclusion?

	Sam