[klibc] Re: kbuild & klibc - heads up

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Aug 1 15:33:48 PDT 2005

Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> The major TODO items:
> - fix make clean so we clean out klibc user program files too.
> - kbuildtify syslinux - or do we really want that?

I don't think so.  Instead, syslinux should be adjusted to build with
klcc instead of in the klibc tree.

> - kbuildtify klibc, ripping out what is no longer needed from the old
>   Make system
>
> The last items is starting to look like a rather trivial task now that
> all the relevant parts has a working Kbuild file.
> Only 'issue' is that directory structure has to change a bit. ipconfig +
> nfsmount has to move under kinit.
>
> hpa & others - what do you see as needed before potential -mm inclusion?

For -mm inclusion, assuming akpm agrees, I think we can go with it with
the present stuff.  For *mainstream* inclusion we need kinit to work
correctly, which is still in progress (sorry everyone...)