[klibc] initramfs howto

Andreas Jellinghaus aj at ciphirelabs.com
Wed Aug 10 06:11:40 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 15:09, Daniel Thaler wrote:
> Heureka! An introduction that doesn't mention glibc at all:
>
> Klibc is a means to this end: Userspace programs need a C library.
> Klibc is a minimal C library, which contains the bare essentials needed for
> the programs that will perform the userspace set-up in future, so that
> people can keep their initramfs as small as possible.
> The klibc distribution also contains a number of utilities that are
> useful in an initramfs.

yes.

the last sentence could be even changed mention: essential.
as far as I know there is no alternative to run-init.c
(ok, except if you don't want to run a new init on a
new filesystem at all).

Andreas

--
------------------------ [ SECURITY NOTICE ] ------------------------
To: daniel at dthaler.de, klibc at zytor.com.
For your security, aj at ciphirelabs.com
digitally signed this message on 10 August 2005 at 13:12:53 UTC.
Verify this digital signature at http://www.ciphire.com/verify.
------------------- [ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ] -------------------
Q2lwaGlyZSBTaWcuAVdkYW5pZWxAZHRoYWxlci5kZSwga2xpYmNAenl0b3IuY29tAGFqQ
GNpcGhpcmVsYWJzLmNvbQBlbWFpbCBib2R5ADoCAAB8AHwAAAABAAAAVf35QjoCAABGAw
ACAAIAAgAghZSFWfYeisbzljA2qz+9FGrRjKrLtBrgUie1aQqxAIcBAFxY4npAnfA18dO
ZSdJF/KrhYaAgetZ31TP/j/rFyoe9gWKERUYwktAjzJmUSV4ltb2FA5MGh2fQR8t5Fgb8
LRhVU2lnRW5k