[klibc] Third party library naming policy query

Martin Schlemmer azarah at nosferatu.za.org
Thu Aug 25 17:28:31 PDT 2005

Hi,

I guess this is a bit late, but I was wondering what others think about
this issue.

Basically I am sitting on patches to add KLIBC support for device-mapper
and libsysfs among others, and have so far tweaked the build system to
generate say libdevmapper_klibc.a, etc.  This is mostly due to some
projects like multipath-tools that already uses the _klibc suffix, and
as the .m4 I did for KLIBC enable you to install into the KLIBC prefix
(/usr/lib/klibc/, or whatever), or the normal prefix (/usr).

This might not be the preferred option though (as klcc will anyhow look
by default only in /usr/lib/klibc/lib for example), but I thought to try
and keep the namespace clean ...

Comments?

Thanks,

--