[klibc] lvm initrd -> initramfs

ms419 at freezone.co.uk ms419 at freezone.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 11:32:00 PDT 2005

I converted my lvm root initrd to an initramfs by putting glibc, lvm,
pivot_root, my linuxrc, etc. in my initramfs source file. I use ash
compiled against klibc to run my linuxrc

Unfortunately -

pivot_root . initrd

- complains -

pivot_root: Invalid argument

I suspect this may be because you can't pivot_root using a cpio
initramfs root?

If so, what should I do instead? Should I still mount my lvm root
partition as I do currently? Should I call kinit?

How do I continue to boot, using my freshly mounted lvm partition as
root?

Many thanks! I'm excited to get started using initramfs!

Jack