[klibc] content of initramfs CPIO archive

Andreas Bach Aaen (AH/TED) andreas.bach.aaen at ericsson.com
Tue Feb 1 02:36:30 PST 2005

On Torsdag 27 januar 2005 19:21, Olaf Hering wrote:
>  On Thu, Jan 27, Andreas Bach Aaen (AH/TED) wrote:
> > How does the shared versions of ifconfig find klibc.so?
>
> Its the interpreter of your app, sort of like '!#/bin/sh'

Thanks for you answers. I got a bit further.

I have tried to make a initramfs with the content of:
--------------
dir /dev 0755 0 0
nod /dev/console 0600 0 0 c 5 1
dir /root 0700 0 0
dir /lib/ 0755 0 0
dir /bin/ 0755 0 0
file /bin/sh /initramfs/bin/sh 555 0 0
file init /initramfs/init 555 0 0
--------------

The file init is just:
--------------
#!/bin/sh

echo "hello world"
echo "hello world"
-------------

Unfortunately nothing get printed out.
The last three lines from the kernel states:
------------
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Freeing unused kernel memory: 132k freed
Warning: unable to open an initial console.

Any idea what missing?

Regards,
--
Andreas Bach Aaen              System Developer, M. Sc.
Ericsson Telebit A/S           tel: +45 89 38 51 00
8260 Viby J      Denmark       andreas.bach.aaen at ericsson.com