[klibc] Query regarding initramfs

Rachita Kothiyal rachitako at in.ibm.com
Fri Feb 18 07:06:47 PST 2005

Hi Andreas,

>> you need to mount something to /newroot.

>> the run-init.c in klibc expects that this has already been done.

>> so insert a mount() call somewhere in the main() function, for example
             mount("/dev/hda1","/newroot","ext2",MS_RDONLY,NULL);
>> should work (untested).

Using the above, I have been able to mount newroot as root.
But the system gets lost in trying to exec 'init' (the last line in
run-init.c).
I am using /sbin/init for init and am passing NULL as the arguments to
execv().
It simply hangs there. The exec call is not failing though.
Could you pls. tell me what I am missing...
Are there more things that need to be set before exec'ing init?

Thanks
Rachita.