[klibc] Query regarding initramfs

Andreas Jellinghaus aj at ciphirelabs.com
Tue Feb 22 07:37:58 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 16:21 +0100, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> No. This is _not_ a kernel bug.
> You can't unmount the initramfs as this is stored in the kernel rootfs.

I'm aware that you can fubar the kernel, like
	"cat /dev/zero > /proc/kmem"
so it is possible to crash the kernel and it can't do anything about
it. but this mount call - is there a way the kernel can reject it
instead of crashing? returning -EWHATEVER sounds like a lot better
idea to me than crashing.

but I have no idea of the kernel internals, so this is only a stupid
user wondering... :-)

Andreas

--