[klibc] klibc gcc wrapper and "make install"

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Mar 1 14:42:11 PST 2005

Olaf Hering wrote:

>>>This is runtime thing, the libs to link against should all go into the
>>>$DEVELPREFIX or whatever variable you pick.
>>
>>Yes, those are all in /usr/lib/klibc/lib.
>

> I think the lib should have no different prefix than the binaries, after
> all its just an "interpreter", not a real lib.
> But I'm hopefully free to pick any location I want with SHLIBDIR= and
> BININSTALLDIR= (or whatever).

You seem to be talking about two different things.

The interpreter goes into /lib.  Otherwise you won't be able to run any
of the binaries in a "normal" configuration, and that's bad.

The libraries used for linking goes into /usr/lib/klibc/lib; also a copy
of the interpreter goes there for the convenience of programs that build
initramfs.