[klibc] Detecting KLIBC from userspace

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Mar 7 11:49:53 PST 2005

Martin Schlemmer wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 10:18 -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>
>>Martin Schlemmer wrote:
>>
>>>Basically klcc is currently too 'basic' in what flags it supports to
>>>work with autotools scripts, etc.  I guess going my suggested way above
>>>might be the backwards approach for
>>>flags, etc.
>>>
>>>But, includedir, libdir, etc might still be interesting to get - for
>>>example I want to install the header and lib from device-mapper into
>>>klibc's include/lib dirs for multi arch building on one machine, etc.
>>>

>>Okay, that stuff should be in 0.215 as "-print-klibc-libdir" etc.
>>

> Thanks, appreciated!
>
> Although it does look like you did get my two bounced mails (with the
> -l/-L and -M* stuff included), -M, -MM, etc (they do not take arguments
> like the other -M?) and --version, -dump* and -print* do not work (-M*
> is used by some newer autotools stuff, as well as --version, and here
> and there something uses -dump*/print*).
>
> This is sorda what I need, although in no way the best solution :)

Hm...

-M and -MM takes no arguments, and imply -E.

-MG and -MP claim to be a modifiers to the other -M options (using them
without any of the other -M options is apparently an error.)

-MD and -MMD take no argument, but don't imply -E, and is in fact
frequently used with other options.

-MF, -MT and -MQ take options.

Okay... I'll try to match this.