[klibc] select.h not working on ia64

Martin Schlemmer azarah at nosferatu.za.org
Fri Mar 11 19:08:02 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 02:01 +0100, Kay Sievers wrote:
> __FD_SET, __FD_CLR, __FD_ISSET, __FD_ZERO
>
> are inside of __KERNEL__ in:
>   include/asm-ia64/posix_types.h
>
> and therefore not available.
>
> I've added stuff like this to our code:
>   #ifndef __FD_SET
>   #define __FD_SET(d, set) ((set)->fds_bits[__FDELT(d)] |= __FDMASK(d))
>   #endif
>
> but it would be nice if this can be solved in klibc.

Sorda OT, but what about the pwd.h and simple malloc.h that you and Greg
also did for udev?  I know they are a bit limited, but they would help
for the '#ifndef __KLIBC__' abuse that here and there are needed.  Would
be nice if you guys could submit it, or if too busy, I can do a patch if
there is nothing seriously wrong with them (besides being a bit limited,
but that can still change with time).  The mntent.h stuff would have
been nice if its was not a fairly big sysfs hack ;)

Thanks,

--
Martin Schlemmer

--