[klibc] getting dmraid to use klibc

Filippo Giunchedi filippo at esaurito.net
Sun Oct 16 04:16:46 PDT 2005

[please CC me on replies, I'm not subscribed]

Hi,
I'm trying to get dmraid 1.0.0rc9 [0] to compile with --enable-klibc, however I
have some troubles with mkfifo defined in /usr/lib/klibc/include/sys/stat.h.

/usr/lib/klibc/include/sys/stat.h: In function 'mkfifo':
/usr/lib/klibc/include/sys/stat.h:28: error: 'S_IFMT' undeclared (first use in
this function)

after investigating a little I found out that <features.h> is being included (is this
right?) and defines __GLIBC__ and thus S_IFMT is not being defined from
/usr/include/linux/stat.h:10

of course this fixes the problem in features.h:291

#ifndef __KLIBC__
#define __GLIBC__   2
#define __GLIBC_MINOR__ 3
#endif

but I'm not sure whether this is the right approach and/or something should be
changed in klibc/glibc/dmraid

thanks in advance,
filippo

[0] http://people.redhat.com/~heinzm/sw/dmraid/src/dmraid-1.0.0.rc9.tar.bz2
--
Filippo Giunchedi
PGP key: 0x6B79D401

At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on
the computer.
tried it.
-- Donald Knuth