[klibc] curious unpacking issue

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 18:44:16 PDT 2006

I'm not sure when exactly this started, but currently when I specify a
ramfs image via the initrd line in grub, kinit picks it up as an
initrd and tries (and fails) to unpack it and run linuxrc from it.

I'm assuming this is not the intended behavior.  Can anyone point me
into the proper direction for unpacking an initramfs image ontop of
the in-kernel image?

Currently, I am using kernel 2.6.16.2 with klibc 1.3.2 (1.3.4 failed
to build last I tried, so I rolled back).

menu.lst is as follows:
title  TESTING
root   (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz26-EXPERIMENTAL root=/dev/hda3 ro vga=791
initrd /test_me.img

Thanks for any pointers... I'll delve into the kernel init code for
the "is ramfs" check now.

Aaron Griffin