[klibc] udev no longer compiles (since 1.3.5)

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Apr 27 08:23:13 PDT 2006

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> As the title suggests, udev no longer compiles under klibc versions > 1.3.5
> It may partially be udev's fault, however, certain symbols, such as
> SOCK_DGRAM, are no longer visible when compiling under klcc, which is
> causing this issue.
>
> A simple check of the linux/net.h header shows some
> ARCH_HAS_SOCKET_TYPES define, which is not set internally by udev's
> source.
>
> Where would be the most appropriate place for this?  Should this be a
> udev fix, or a klibc fix?

SOCK_DGRAM should definitely be visible.  Most likely it's yet another
case of kernel header breakage, since those headers haven't changed at
all (to the best of my knowledge) in klibc at all.

The ARCH_HAS_SOCKET_TYPES is there to let an architecture override the
global kernel define, which is a major reason why moving this into the
klibc headers is a bad idea.

What kernel and platform is this?