[klibc] git information in the README

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Aug 10 20:32:36 PDT 2006

Geert Stappers wrote:

> I was hoping to find something like
> |To clone the repository for your own development, install the git-core
> |and cogito software packages, and run:
> |
> |    mkdir working-directory
> |    cd working-directory
> |    cg-clone -s http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/boot/syslinux/syslinux.git
> |
> |You can then make changes and cg-commit them to your own repository,
> |thus maintaining a parallel branch of development. Furthermore, you can
> |use the command cg-update origin to update your tree with upstream
> |changes. The gitk tool will show you a visual history of the repository.
> |
> |For more information about GIT, see an overview, the tutorial, or the
> |man pages.
> |
> |For more information about Cogito, a user-friendly wrapper around git
> |developed by Petr Baudis, see the documentation
> as found on http://syslinux.zytor.com/devel.php
>
> So what I missing the in README is the URL for `cg-clone -s `

The current README reads:

klibc is archived at:

	ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/klibc/

There is a mailing list for klibc and early-userspace issues at:

klibc is maintained in the git version control system.  The git
repository can be viewed on the web at:

	http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=libs/klibc/klibc.git;a=summary

To clone the klibc repository using Cogito:

	git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/libs/klibc/klibc.git <workdir>

To update an already cloned tree:

	git pull

For more information on git, see:

	http://git.or.cz/