[klibc] klibc and udev

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Wed Aug 23 22:54:12 PDT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 24. August 2006 06:58 schrieben Sie:
> Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > On 8/23/06, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> >> Could you (or anyone else interested in this) please try klibc-1.4.23,
> >> which I just pushed out?  It adds fnmatch() (mostly thanks to Aaron
> >> Griffin), dummy user database functionality, and getopt_long() (a
> >> simplified version thereof, without a lot of the optional features.)
> >
> > Eeek, don't credit me, that was mostly verbatim from udev.  I had been
> > using it with klibc for some time, which is why I sent it.
>
> Do you happen to know who wrote it?  I might not be able to use it for
> copyright reasons then...
>
> I'll probably remove the tail recursion, since I believe gcc can't
> remove tail recursion in some version on some architectures.  It's a
> pretty easy transformation.
>
> 	-hpa
Hi
klibc 1.4.23 failed with this:

usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:14:20: error: getopt.h: No such file or directory
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:39: warning: 'struct option' declared inside parameter
l                                                             ist
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:39: warning: its scope is only this definition or
declar                                                             ation,
which is probably not what you want
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c: In function 'getopt_long':
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:81: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:81: error: increment of pointer to unknown structure
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:81: error: arithmetic on pointer to an incomplete type
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:82: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:89: error: arithmetic on pointer to an incomplete type
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:89: error: arithmetic on pointer to an incomplete type
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:91: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:93: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:99: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:100: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:100: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
usr/klibc/getopt_long.c:103: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[2]: *** [usr/klibc/getopt_long.o] Error 1

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski