[klibc] Patch to klibc to work with headers from make install_headers

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 20 19:25:15 PST 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 10:49:30PM -0500, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> Hi!  Now that there are usable userspace headers, we should use the
> data from those.  In this case, the workaround in
> usr/include/sys/types.h was missing some header definitions.  Rather
> than adding the definitions, I figured that the most correct thing to
> do was to just use them from the kernel.

FYI, this broke fstype on Ubuntu because klibc's internal
usr/include/sys/types.h has "typedef __kernel_loff_t off_t;" (sic)
whereas <linux/types.h> has "typedef __kernel_off_t off_t;", and
usr/klibc/SYSCALLS.def uses off_t for a bunch of syscalls with 32/64-bit
alternatives where the kernel uses loff_t for the 64-bit version.
Changing these all to loff_t might work, since that's what the kernel
was doing anyway, but in the meantime I just backed out the patch from
Ubuntu.

Cheers,