[klibc] klibc-1.2 released as Stable

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 13:03:52 PST 2006

On 1/27/06, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> I looked through the git repository, and it had some bug fixes since
> 1.1.16, but nothing that should affect stability.
>
> Thus, I have pushed out 1.2 as new stable release.
>
> Next up will be (a) integration work, and (b) work to eliminate
> klibc.git vs klibc-renamed.git trees.

Just curious:
I noticed the mysteriously empty raid setup code, and am wondering
about the roadmap for this sort of stuff.

Right now, I have an initramfs which boots, loads modules, checks raid
and lvm and does the appropriate setup, and then calls kinit.  I am
wondering how long until the raid/lvm stuff is actually complete, just
so I don't have to duplicate work.  When that is done, initramfs
scripts become trivial.

Is there any roadmap beyond that?  I'd be interested to know.

As I said, I'm simply curious here.  klibc is pretty interesting to me.

Thanks,
Aaron