[klibc] klibc-1.2 released as Stable

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Feb 2 15:49:53 PST 2006

Aaron Griffin wrote:

> Just curious:
> I noticed the mysteriously empty raid setup code, and am wondering
> about the roadmap for this sort of stuff.
>
> Right now, I have an initramfs which boots, loads modules, checks raid
> and lvm and does the appropriate setup, and then calls kinit.  I am
> wondering how long until the raid/lvm stuff is actually complete, just
> so I don't have to duplicate work.  When that is done, initramfs
> scripts become trivial.
>
> Is there any roadmap beyond that?  I'd be interested to know.
>
> As I said, I'm simply curious here.  klibc is pretty interesting to me.

The roadmap at this point is to mimic all the in-kernel root-mounting
code in kinit; I have most of it in the git tree at this point (if you
want to follow the git tree and help that would be great, of course.)

I was personally hoping to have it wrapped it up this week, but I have
suddenly found myself unemployed, which obviously has taken priority to
deal with.