[klibc] Add swap support to fstype, second version

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Tue Feb 7 08:20:05 PST 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 08:06:57AM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Kay Sievers wrote:
> >
> >Why are you guys need to reinvent everything again?
> >

> Hey, Kay, that's an unnecessarily confrontational way to point out a
> duplicate effort.  I, for one, haven't looked in the udev tree, for
> example, and am trying to work from a code base that already existed in
> the klibc tree, and has existed for years.

Sorry, if that sounds "confrontational", was definitely not meant like
it. I'm sure me and Greg pointed that out several times though. It's just
that fs guessing is such a pain and libblkid wasn't usable for udev so
that we started libvolume_id. I guess I wouldn't start such a thing again,
now that I know what that means, that's probably what I wanted to tell ... :)

Thanks and sorry again,
Kay