[klibc] nfs root filesystem problem

Dimitris Zilaskos dzila at tassadar.physics.auth.gr
Thu Jan 26 16:19:33 PST 2006

 	Hi ,

 	I am doing some tests with klibc 1.1.16. I would like to have my
root file system on an nfs export , but the /etc folder it to be mounted
from a different nfs export.
 	I am using 2.6.15.1 with initrd ramdisk initramfs nfsroot etc
compiled in. My pxelinux.cfg looks like this:

default opteron
label opteron
kernel gentoo/vmlinuz-opteron
append  initrd=gentoo/initramfs.img ip=dhcp nfsroot=1.2.3.4.5:/export/opteron

 	I created an initamfs filled with the contents of /usr/lib/klibc +proc
folder +dev with console tty1 and null.
 	I tried to write an /init with:
#!/bin/sh.shared
<various combinations of nfsmoun and ipconfig commands>

but in each case I get a kernel panic complaining about being unable to
execute /init.

 	If I put kinit as /kinit it panics also , I dont have the message
available right now but it looks like it does not parse the ip= and
nfsroot= lines.

 	Obviously I am doing something totally wrong. I would be gratefull
if anyone can provide some assistance.

 	TIA,

Dimitris Zilaskos

Department of Physics @ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , Greece
PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
 	  http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
MD5sum  : de2bd8f73d545f0e4caf3096894ad83f  pgp_public_key.asc