[klibc] inclusion of alias handling in klibc insmod

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 13:40:25 PST 2006

Just curious if anyone has done anything similar, as I'd rather not
reporduce work.  I'm going to put alias handling (and only alias
handling) into a modified version of insmod.  The reason I'm doing
this is to aid in boot time module loading via aliases exposed in
sysfs.  Sure, I could include modprobe directly in the initramfs, but
it's a bit large, and I really only need alias resolution, not the
other parts of the syntax.

Would anyone else be interested in this?  Please let me know.

- Aaron