[klibc] inclusion of alias handling in klibc insmod

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:08:15 PST 2006

On 1/27/06, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
> I think by the time you finish implementing the dependancy logic, and
> the fnmatch like functions in insmod, you will have already implemented
> modprobe :)
>
> Also, don't forget you need to support the blacklist stuff if you are
> adding module alias support.
>
> good luck,

Turns out, not much 'good luck' was needed.  Using the fnmatch from
libu ( http://www.koanlogic.com/kl/cont/gb/html/libu-res.html ), which
compiled under klibc with very minor edits, modprobe compiled almost
out of the box (besides the removal of a getopt_long call).  I still
need to check on license compatibility, but, hey, it works (using the
static/modprobe build).

I do plan on cleaning it up, and 'klibc'ifying it.  By that, I mean,
getting rid of alot of the excess fat that really shouldn't be needed
in the initramfs - a few options, some of the usage output, syslog
calls, etc.

I'll post it to the list later, if anyone is interested.