[klibc] klibc-1.2.1: kinit works...

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 00:23:48 PST 2006

On 1/29/06, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> I just pushed out klibc-1.2.1; it actually has a working kinit.  There
> are still pieces missing, but at least it works for ipconfig+nfsroot,
> which has been my test configuration.

Just curious, is there any plan to add some sort of system to load
modules before running kinit.  I've been doing some work
here-and-there with a similar initramfs setup, where all the pre-root
modules are added to the initramfs rather than built-in.

What are your opinions of loading modules, creating device nodes, then
passing things off to kinit.  Would you recommend something like this?
 Or would it make more sense to ignore kinit in a case like this?

Thanks,
Aaron