[klibc] klibc and what's the next step?

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at suse.de
Mon Jul 3 00:23:41 PDT 2006

> particular distro's non-standard "value add".  Maybe that means we
> need to have hooks so that the distro's can add their non-standard
> "value add" without breaking the ability for users to upgrade to newer
> kernels.

Sure we need that.  Not only for distro's "value add", but basically for
everything which depends on utilities not shipped with the kernel
(rootfs-on-lvm for example, udev & /dev setup, ...).  It's probably also
very handy for users and hackers to have a standard way to add stuff to
the initramfs during normal kernel build, without having to build their own.

cheers,

  Gerd

--
Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel at suse.de>