[klibc] [klibc 30/31] Remove in-kernel resume-from-disk invocation code

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jul 6 01:37:34 PDT 2006

maximilian attems wrote:

>> Yes, they have.  The handing of resume= and noresume are now done in
>> kinit; resume is invoked from userspace by direct command only.
>
> the grumble on kinit is that it is a big monolithic bin.
> You have no scriptability and it is not modular.
> Very useful pieces out of kinit are not build standalone:
> initrd_load, ramdisk_load, do_mounts_md, ..

Some of that is due to data structures, but most certainly could be
factored out, and really should be.  Since, apparently, klibc got
rejected for 2.6.18 we have some time to improve that situation.

For total size reasons I'm pretty sure we need to still provide a single
binary.  The trunk code, however, needs to be clean enough that it can
be easily modified, too.